Saturday, August 11, 2012

Here at Bonanza Chateau we find ourselves on a bit of a James Brown tip today which has come as a bit of a surprise to me and even more surprisingly I’ve managed to find some Country excursions a la James Brown which I’ll post after this heavy semi-abstract slab of Jazz Funk which to our ears could just as easily be Miles as Brown!..



Also, some other surprises are that James Brown was born in South Carolina which I didn’t know; I always assumed he was born in Georgia, although his birthplace of Barnwell is only about 50KM from the Georgia state line… Something else I didn’t know was Brown, obviously of African-American origin was also of Native-American (Apache) descent through his father. Not only that but he had Asian ancestry through his mother, who was also half African-American. Fascinating!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home